First time at Proteopedia? Click on the green links: they change the 3D image. Click and drag the molecules. Proteopedia is a 3D, interactive encyclopedia of proteins, RNA, DNA and other molecules. With a free user account, you can edit pages in Proteopedia. Visit the Main Page to learn more.
|2q7o, resolution 2.90Å ()|
|Gene:||NP, PNP (Homo sapiens)|
Structure of human purine nucleoside phosphorylase in complex with L-Immucillin-H
Human purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) was crystallized with transition-state analogue inhibitors Immucillin-H and DADMe-Immucillin-H synthesized with ribosyl mimics of l-stereochemistry. The inhibitors demonstrate that major driving forces for tight binding of these analogues are the leaving group interaction and the cationic mimicry of the transition state, even though large geometric changes occur with d-Immucillins and l-Immucillins bound to human PNP.
L-Enantiomers of transition state analogue inhibitors bound to human purine nucleoside phosphorylase., Rinaldo-Matthis A, Murkin AS, Ramagopal UA, Clinch K, Mee SP, Evans GB, Tyler PC, Furneaux RH, Almo SC, Schramm VL, J Am Chem Soc. 2008 Jan 23;130(3):842-4. Epub 2007 Dec 23. PMID:18154341
From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
[PNPH_HUMAN] Defects in PNP are the cause of purine nucleoside phosphorylase deficiency (PNPD) [MIM:613179]. It leads to a severe T-cell immunodeficiency with neurologic disorder in children.
[PNPH_HUMAN] The purine nucleoside phosphorylases catalyze the phosphorolytic breakdown of the N-glycosidic bond in the beta-(deoxy)ribonucleoside molecules, with the formation of the corresponding free purine bases and pentose-1-phosphate.
About this Structure
- Rinaldo-Matthis A, Murkin AS, Ramagopal UA, Clinch K, Mee SP, Evans GB, Tyler PC, Furneaux RH, Almo SC, Schramm VL. L-Enantiomers of transition state analogue inhibitors bound to human purine nucleoside phosphorylase. J Am Chem Soc. 2008 Jan 23;130(3):842-4. Epub 2007 Dec 23. PMID:18154341 doi:10.1021/ja710733g
- ↑ Williams SR, Gekeler V, McIvor RS, Martin DW Jr. A human purine nucleoside phosphorylase deficiency caused by a single base change. J Biol Chem. 1987 Feb 15;262(5):2332-8. PMID:3029074
- ↑ Aust MR, Andrews LG, Barrett MJ, Norby-Slycord CJ, Markert ML. Molecular analysis of mutations in a patient with purine nucleoside phosphorylase deficiency. Am J Hum Genet. 1992 Oct;51(4):763-72. PMID:1384322
- ↑ Pannicke U, Tuchschmid P, Friedrich W, Bartram CR, Schwarz K. Two novel missense and frameshift mutations in exons 5 and 6 of the purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) gene in a severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) patient. Hum Genet. 1996 Dec;98(6):706-9. PMID:8931706
- ↑ Ealick SE, Rule SA, Carter DC, Greenhough TJ, Babu YS, Cook WJ, Habash J, Helliwell JR, Stoeckler JD, Parks RE Jr, et al.. Three-dimensional structure of human erythrocytic purine nucleoside phosphorylase at 3.2 A resolution. J Biol Chem. 1990 Jan 25;265(3):1812-20. PMID:2104852